64 Slice CT
A 64 Slice CT can be used for any part of the body, images are acquired in seconds, meaning shorter overall anaesthetic times.
Typical CT applications include:
- Contrast studies – CT contrast urography, portosystemic shunts.
- ENT: middle ear disease, nasal disease.
- Orthopaedic – bone pathology, neoplasia, osteomyelitis, elbow dysplasia, 3D reconstructions.
- Oncology – staging of thoracic and abdominal neoplasia.
1.5 Tesla MRI
1.5 Tesla MRI is the best modality for neuropathology. MRI scans take longer than CT- typically about 45-60 mins.
Typical MRI applications include:
- Neurology- congenital or genetic disease, neoplasia, disc disease, meningitis, GME.
- Oncology- staging, delineating tumour margins.
- Orthopaedic- non-invasive imaging of joints – soft tissue structures and bone.
- Soft tissue- foreign body location.